Cross-training (aka circuit training) is any sport or exercise that supplements your main sport.
Why is StrideRiding a good form of Cross Training?
• Inspiring Outdoor Workouts Destroys Boredom
• Low Impact
• Full Body Workout
• MAKES You Want to do Cardio
• Mimics uphill running
• Ergonomic Position Reduces Stress on the Back, Neck, Wrists & Shoulders
• Extreme Intensity Cardio will improve VO2 max
• Improves balance
• Striding cadence is adjustable
• Variable stride length enables on the fly targeting of alternative muscle groups
Benefits of Cross-Training
• Balances your muscle groups. Cross-training helps strengthen other muscles not specific to your sport
• Improve your cardio fitness by being able to train more often & for longer without overloading your body
• By balancing your weaker muscles with your stronger ones, you'll help reduce your chance of injury
• Combat boredom training day after day will eventually burn out even the most hard-core enthusiast
• Continue to train with certain injuries
• Provide time for injuries to heal while maintain fitness levels
• Helps injured athletes deal better with the disappointment of being sidelined
• Combining activities enhanced weight loss by burning more calories with less chance of injury
• Improved exercise adherence due to issues with boredom or injury
• Low-impact cross training spreads the cumulative level of orthopedic stress over additional muscles & joints;
again reducing your chance of injury
• Approach alternative sports with caution being in great shape for one does not mean you are ready for
prolonged exercise in another sport
• Don't immediately add a alternative workout to an already strenuous schedule. Initially, it is better to
substitute a alternative workout sessions for one of your other sessions
• Whenever you feel fatigue during an alternative workout ease back. Fatigue is a sign your body needs rest.
Cross Training intent is to keep your exercise interest & fitness levels high; Not to burn you out.
If your goals are avoiding injury, improving your Oxygen uptake, & combating training boredom the StrideRide may be your solution